2021 Virtual Freeze Out
Fire Up Your Scouts for the 2021 Virtual FREEZE OUT!
All Scout BSA units in Mayflower Council are invited to participate.
Have your patrols tune up those sleds for this year’s Freeze Out adventure. Your Scouts will hone cold weather skills, participate in a variety of races, competitions, and take home memories for a lifetime. There will not be any troop vs. troop competition this year, rather troops can compete Scout vs. Scout or patrol vs. patrol. Your choice!!
This is the first virtual Freeze Out! Each unit can decide when, where, and how to hold your troop freeze out. We are here to help you create a fantastic adventure for your Scouts.
Troops and Scouts will receive:
- Ribbons for each event (1st, 2nd, 3rd) these will be mailed to the troop when registration closes.
- Council support & some “suggested” outdoor winter ideas, suggestions and guidelines, these will be emailed to you.
- Special 2021 Freeze Out patch per participant will be mailed to the troop after the event.
- Additional patches can be purchased for $5.00 ea.
When: Pick any weekend in March – troops will decide what day(s) works for them.
Location: Troops decide on a location that works for them and their group size(s). You may now schedule to hold your event at one of the Mayflower Council camps. Tent camping is now open at Camp Resolute, Camp Squanto, and Nobscot Scout Reservation or another location of your choosing.
Cost: $10.00 per Scout, adults are free
Proposed activities but are not limited to:
- fire starting
- knot knowledge
- lashing structure build
- bear bag
- obstacle course
- patrol winter emergency shelter
- cross the creek (crates and planks)
- panning for gold (tarp and ping pong balls)
Video contest – Troops are invited to have their Scouts take short videos of their event. Videos will be judged and ribbons awarded for funniest video, best original event, best appearance of Scout spirit. You will receive a link to upload your videos once registration closes.
This event is being sponsored by the Headwaters District.