Boy Scout/Venturing Peer Recruiting Drawing
MORE FUN WITH FRIENDS – NOVEMBER PEER-TO-PEER RECRUITMENT DRAWING
Scouting is even more enjoyable when Scouts can participate with their friends. This is designed to encourage Scouts to bring in new membership by inviting their friends to participate in what the Scouting program has to offer.
Scouts who successfully recruit a friend to join Scouting in November will have a chance to win one of these great prizes:
Discovery WiFi Drone
One Prize Winner
Sennheiser Wireless Headphones
Two Prize Winners
UFO Quadcopter Drone with LED Lights
Three Prize Winners
Both the Scout and the new member recruited will receive a prize. Contest is open to Boy Scouts and Venturing.
Here’s How It Works:
- Scout invites a friend to “check-out” Scouting and attend a meeting or event
- Friend joins a Scouting unit and completes an application
- Application and applicable fees are turned into council service center and online entry form is completed
- Scout is entered into the prize drawing. The more friends a Scout recruits, the more chances to win!
- Scout is eligible to wear the Recruiter Strip on their uniform – First one free with an entry during the campaign. Normally available for $1.79 w/tax at the Scout Shop.
- Be a Salesman for Scouting: Recruit new members with a personal invitation!
To help entice potential new Scouts to join your unit, give your current Scouts Bring-A-Buddy cards to hand out to their friends and classmates. Bring-A-Buddy cards are available to download below. Include event date, time, place, and contact information.
Troop and crews are encouraged to hold events, parties, ice cream socials, etc. where they invite a friend to join them and give their friends a taste of Scouting!