Resident Summer Camp

2021 Campsite Reservations Are Now Open!

2021 Campsite Reservations for Camp Resolute
2021 Campsite Reservations for Camp Squanto

Resident Camp Overview

July 2 Update on Summer Camp Operations

Resident Camp has been cancelled for 2020.

Frequently Asked Questions

This is the one spot where you will find the most up to date answers to your frequently asked questions regarding our Mayflower Council resident camp. If you have other questions, please email us at

May 18 Update on Summer Camp Operations

Resident Camp is fun week-long overnight camping experience for Scouts BSA and Venturers that provides those who attend an exciting program of education, adventure and purpose. It is an excellent environment to promote character, citizenship, and fitness as well as meet other Scouts, earn merit badges or take advantage of advancement opportunities.

Resident Camp is offered at two of Mayflower Council camping facilities: Camp Resolute in Bolton, MA and Camp Squanto in Plymouth, MA. Both camps are staffed by National Camp School Certified Directors and trained instructors. Each location offers Troop Camping for units that enjoy attending as a group and Provisional Camping for youth who choose to attend as individuals. Both locations have Specialty Camp opportunities for youth who want a program tailored to specific interests, such as National Youth Leadership Training (NYLT). However, because each property has its own unique features and benefits, some specialty camps are only offered at one location or the other.

So please join us this summer for an adventure of a lifetime. Whether you enjoy paddling a canoe across a crystal-clear pond, listening to bugle sounds as Old Glory climbs to the top of the flagpole, reelin’ in a bass, landing a bulls-eye at the archery range, eating a delicious dutch oven dessert, stretching for the next rock on the climbing wall, laughing around the campfire, or taking a leisurely stroll along our hiking trails, there is much to enjoy when camping with Mayflower Council, especially when surrounded by our vibrant staff and the great outdoors. 

Pre-camp meetings are scheduled as follows:

Monday, March 30 – Virtual Meeting

View recording of the virtual meeting here – you will be leaving this site

Questions and Answers from the virtual meeting on March 30

Monday, January 27 – Nobscott Scout Reservation

Camp Squanto, Camp Resolute, Adventure Day Camp, and Camp Norse will be discussed.

Traditional Resident Camp

Mayflower Council Camp Information

*To Be Confirmed*

What is the Friday Family BBQ & Campfire?   

Each Friday there will be a family BBQ and campfire.   Our menu has a southern flair – pulled pork, mac and cheese, corn bread, chicken,  and a vegetarian option.  The camp program day will conclude on Friday at 4:30pm.   The BBQ is free for all resident campers and our volunteers. We encourage you to come as a family and enjoy our camp’s atmosphere. There will be time for you to tour the camp with your family from 4:30 to 5:30pm, the cook-out will begin at 5:30pm; our flag lowering ceremony will be at 6:15pm immediately followed by the campfire.  Adults $TBD, Child over 4 years – $TBD, children under 4 – Free.

This is only available at Camp Resolute in Bolton, MA

July 10 – Camp Resolute BBQ – Week 1

July 17 – Camp Resolute BBQ Week 2

July 24 – Camp Resolute BBQ Week 3

July 31 – Camp Resolute BBQ Week 4

August (TBD) – Adventure Overnight BBQ

Campership applications have been extended until June 20th.

The Mayflower Council operates a campership fund to provide financial assistance to deserving campers who would otherwise not be able to afford attendance at its camps. As good stewards of the money generously donated to this fund by concerned individuals, foundations and others, the Mayflower Council acts in complete confidence and exercises careful judgement when awarding camperships.

In order to give as many camperships as possible, it is the policy of the Mayflower Council not to give 100% camperships and to only give camperships for one week at camp. Each family is expected to share part of the expense of camp. The amount granted is made on the basis of need and availability of funds.

To apply for a campership, the below application must be submitted no later than June 1, 2020. The committee will be meeting to distribute available funds on a rolling basis beginning in early spring. The earlier an application is submitted, the better chance the applicant has of receiving assistance. There is no guarantee of campership awards and applications will not be accepted after June 1, 2020.

Apply For A Campership
Our primary concern is the safety and well-being of every camper. Our camps follow all safety and risk management guidelines set by the Boy Scouts of America, the local, state and federal boards of health. Camp Resolute is also accredited by the American Camp Association, a national camp organization that sets high standards for both the health and safety of campers and staff, and the delivery of quality programs.

As required by MA DPH 105 CMR 430:190 (C) and (D),  our camps must comply with regulations of the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and be licensed by the local board of health. Parents may request copies of background checks, health care and discipline policies, as well as procedures for filing grievances.

American Camp Association (ACA) accreditation means that the Camp Resolute cares enough to undergo a thorough annual review of its operation—more than 250 standards from staff qualifications and training to emergency management. ACA collaborates with experts from the American Academy of Pediatrics, the American Red Cross and other youth service agencies to assure that current practices reflect the most up-to-date, research-based standards in camp operation. A health officer staffs the camps health lodge and a local physician is on call.

Medical Forms

Every adult and Scout in camp MUST have a completely filled out medical form on file in the Health Lodge in order to stay at Camp.

All campers are required to have a physical examination within 12 months prior to arriving at camp. All medical forms must be completed and signed by a physician each year (including immunization update) and brought to camp on your first day. In addition, the immunization record for each camper, youth or adult, must include the following vaccines: Hepatitis B for all children born after December 31, 1992 (3 doses are required); Diphtheria, Tetanus Toxoids and Pertussis (at least 4 doses); MMR (2 doses or proof of laboratory evidence of immunity) and Polio (3 to 4 doses depending on the type). Your physician must sign the camp medical form – no signed attachments will be accepted. Make certain that both the parent’s signature and physician’s signature sections are filled out and a copy of the health insurance card is attached to the form. Medical forms are available here.

All medical forms must be retained by camp and will not be returned, so please make any copies you might need for other activities. Units with Christian Scientist members will need to provide a special medical form, available here, pertaining to their faith’s medical policies.


State regulations cover the storage and dispensing of medications. All medication must come to camp in the original containers and be stored by the health officer in locked compartments in the camp health lodge. Exceptions to storage by the health officer are authorized for medications for treatment of allergies and asthma. Questions about these medications should be raised with the camp prior to the child’s arrival. To ensure a smooth transition, we recommend that your child continue the medications he needs during the school year at summer camp. If prescription medications are brought to camp, the container must have a pharmacy label showing the prescription number, patient’s name, date filled, physician’s name, name of medication and directions for use. This information must also be on the camp medical form. Any camper coming to camp with a prescription Epi-pen or inhaler must bring two of either, one for the health lodge and one for the unit. The health officer dispenses medication according to the directions. If a camper refuses to take prescribed medications, this refusal is documented in the health log and the parent/guardian is notified.

Health Care Consultant

The health care consultant (HCC) is a licensed physician. The HCC assists in the development of the camp’s health care policy; develops and signs written orders for the health care supervisor; and is available for consultation at all times. The health care consultant is not present at camp.

Health Officer

A health supervisor, who is at least 18 years of age and is present at the camp at all times. The health officer shall be a Massachusetts licensed physician, physician assistant, nurse practitioner, registered nurse, licensed practical nurse the health officer is, by regulation, present at the camp at all times and is, at a minimum, a Massachusetts licensed physician, physician assistant, nurse practitioner, registered nurse, or licensed practical nurse. The health care consultant authorizes the health officer to be in charge of health matters at camp on a day-to-day basis and to dispense medications.

Health Care Policy

Complete health care policy for our Camps is available to a parent or guardian upon request to Mayflower Council BSA, 2 Mount Royal Ave Suite 100, Marlborough MA 01752. 

Care of Mildly Ill Campers

Each camper or staff member is responsible for reporting any signs of illness to the health officer (HO), who assesses each situation. The HO may administer over-the-counter medications he/she believes are warranted if they are authorized by the parent/guardian. If the HO determines the child should be sent home or seen by the health care consultant, he/she informs the reservation director and arrangements are made. In both situations, the parent/guardian is contacted as soon as possible.

Care of Campers who have an Illness/Accident at Camp

Parents/guardians will be notified as soon as possible should a camper be taken to the doctor’s office/hospital for an injury or health condition and if medication has been prescribed by the camp’s health care consultant. The health officer or reservation director will notify parents/guardians of any persistent conditions or ailments. Parents/guardians should notify their doctor and health care provider of any health condition or accident/injury occurring at camp for follow-up visits and billing purposes.

Massachusetts Department of Public Health

At the request of the Department of Public Health we are providing this fact sheet on Meningococcal disease here.  Campers attending a resident camp are not considered to be at an increased risk. The United States Centers for Disease Control, Massachusetts Department of Public Health and the Mayflower Council encourage everyone to be safe outdoors. Diseases associated with ticks and mosquitoes are growing threats in Massachusetts. When outdoors, please take necessary precautions as suggested by the Centers for Disease Control.


CDC Camping Health & Safety


CDC Tick

Our camps must comply with regulations of the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and be licensed by the local board of health.


Campers attending our Camps are expected to maintain appropriate behavior at all times. Respect for all members of the camp community and camp facilities is expected at all times. All discipline shall have as its intent the modification of behavior to within acceptable parameters. Discipline shall be limited to counseling, close supervision/monitoring, and restriction from selected activities. At no time will discipline be administered by a staff member under 18 years of age unless the actions in question pose a safety hazard to the offender or another individual. Then action appropriate to remedy the situation may be employed. Discipline shall be constructive or educational in nature, and may include such measures as diversion, separation from problem situations, talking with the camper about the situation, or praise for appropriate behavior.


  • Corporal punishment, including spanking, is prohibited;
  • No camper shall be subjected to cruel or severe punishment, humiliation, or verbal abuse;
  • No camper shall be denied food or shelter as a form of punishment;
  • No child shall be punished for soiling, wetting or not using the toilet.

The reservation director reserves the right to dismiss a camper when, in the director’s judgment, the camper’s behavior interferes with the rights of others, prevents the smooth functioning of a group or activity, or violates the camp’s principles of conduct.

Christian’s Law

In accordance with Massachusetts Law, our Camps screen campers for swim levels on the first day of camp and provides Coast Guard approved lifejackets for non-swimmers if they choose to wear them. You must inform the camp if you require your camper to wear a lifejacket during swimming activities. If parents wish to send along their own lifejackets they need to conform with the law as stated below. Note: Campers are screened in our pond and don’t wear a lifejacket during the screening.

(a) MGL c 111 Section 127A1/2. (a) The department of public health shall adopt rules or regulations requiring municipal and recreational programs and camps for minor children under its jurisdiction to have a system in place to have Coast Guard approved personal flotation devices of Type I, II or III available to non-swimmers and at-risk swimmers who will be present in a swimming or diving area, excluding swimming pools, wading pools and other artificial bodies of water.

(b) A determination shall be made of each minor’s swimming ability at the first swimming session at municipal and recreational programs and camps in order to identify and classify non-swimmers and at-risk swimmers. Minors attending a municipal or recreational program or camp shall then be confined to swimming areas consistent with the limits of their swimming skills or to swimming areas requiring lesser skills than those for which they have been classified.

(c) No municipal or recreational program or camp for minor children shall refuse, decline or otherwise prohibit a parent, guardian or person with custody of a minor from providing a Coast Guard approved personal flotation device of Type I, II or III to such municipal or recreational program or camp to be used by the minor for the duration of the minor’s attendance at such camp.

What if I need to get a message to my son or daughter?

Camp Resolute:

Phone: (978) 779-2777
Fax: (978) 779-9848

Camp Squanto: 

Phone: (508) 224-2010
Fax: (508) 224-9444

How do I send my son or daughter mail at camp?

Camp Resolute

Name of Scout
Troop # & Campsite
Camp Resolute
75 Hudson Road
Bolton, MA 01740

Camp Squanto

Name of Scout
Troop # & Campsite
Camp Squanto
P.O. Box 931
South Carver, MA  02366

Can I visit?
Parents and friends are welcome during check-in on Sundays from 1:00 to 5:00 pm. You may tour camp and take advantage of our Trading Post and family picnic areas.

All visitors are required to sign in at the Camp Administration Building. All visitors will receive a “visitor badge” that must be worn while in camp.

Camp Resolute

When is family and visitor day?

Friday evening is for parents and visitors. Parents and visitors (please leave pets at home) are invited to the camp after 2:00
p.m., but should plan to arrive no later than 5:30 p.m. to share the Friday evening experiences, including the campfire, with their Scout.

We invite you to join us at 5:30 p.m. on Friday for our family Southern barbecue. You may purchase your tickets from your Unit Leader, or if he or she prefers, directly from the camp trading post on Sunday. All parents and family members are encouraged to attend. Your Scout will be glad to see you and share their experiences with you. Tickets cost $9.00 for Adults, $7.00 for children 5 to 10 years old and under 4 years old are free. Purchase your tickets on Sunday and save $2 per ticket.

Camp Squanto

When is family and visitor day?
Parents and friends are welcome on Sunday from 1:00 – 6:00 pm.  You may tour camp, take advantage of our Trading Post and family picnic area.  Some troops offer an opportunity Wednesday evening for parent night.  Dinner is not available that night, but picnic areas will be made available.

Can my son or daughter bring his cell phone? What about checking email?
Your son or daughter should be ready for a technology-free week! Cell phones should not be in the possession of campers while at Camp.

The camp business phones may be used in emergencies to contact parents with the permission of the Troop Scoutmaster.

Camp is not equipped to allow for personal internet use by Scouts.

What if my son or daughter needs to leave camp during the week?
Parents/guardians picking up Scouts during the week should do so by checking in at the Administration Building. All Scouts leaving must be signed out by one of their Unit Leaders. A Scout will not be dismissed from camp until one of their Unit Leader’s sign him or her out in the Administration Building. This process lets the Unit and the Camp know WHO picked up the Scout and when the Scout left camp. Our Unit Leaders know the individual situations of each of the Scouts’ in their care and we depend on them to assist us in this very important area.

Other than in a sudden emergency, your Unit Leaders should know about the departure in advance and should have your son or daughter ready to be picked up at the time you have requested. Upon his or her return, your Scout must check back in at the Administration Building and will be returned to the care of his or her Unit Leader. Special instructions or limitations must be presented to the camp director in writing.

What does my son or daughter do with his prescription medications?
Upon arrival at camp, your son or daughter will have a medical recheck during which he or she will give the Health Officer any prescription medications. These MUST be kept at the Health Lodge for the entire week to be administered by the camp Health Officer.

All medication is administered by the camp Health Officer. Absolutely no medicine of any type is to be kept in the site without prior knowledge and approval of the camp Health Officer.

Should my son or daughter bring money?
Our community store, the Trading Post, is open most of the day except during meals. You will find a wide variety of items including T-shirts, patches, mugs, merit badge pamphlets, craft kits, candy, ice cream, slush, snacks and soda. Please be sure your son or daughter has appropriate spending money as to not feel left out.

What will my son or daughter be eating?
Everyone at camp is served three wholesome, well-balanced family/cafeteria-style meals in the Dining Hall each day, all approved by qualified dietitians. If your son or daughter has special dietary needs, please fill out the “Dietary Accommodation Form” at least 2 weeks prior to your start of Camp.

Camp Squanto Dietary Accommodation Form

Camp Resolute Dietary Accommodation Form

What if it rains during the week?
Make sure that your son or daughter has adequate rain gear and warm clothes, and encourage him or her to bring cards, checkers and other small games in case of rain. Camp wide activities will proceed as normal and the staff will make appropriate changes if necessary.

What does my son or daughter need for uniforms?
Each Scout should plan to have at least one complete summer uniform in camp. Uniforms should be worn for the evening meals. Comfortable clothes and a bathing suit should also be available for daily use during activities.

When can my son or daughter shower?
The Camper shower houses (for under 18 years old only) and Adult shower house (with separate male and female units as well as handicapped access units) is available each day from 7:00 AM to 10:00 PM. Troop leaders provide supervision for their campers when they are utilizing the shower houses.

Can my son or daughter do laundry during the week?
There is no on-site laundry service available. Laundry services are available at laundromats outside of camp.

Refund Policy Update – May 6, 2020: There is no risk for families and units of losing money by signing up for Mayflower Camps now. In the event that camp does not open or has a shortened season due to COVID-19 and your troop or campers are unable to attend during your scheduled time, all camp fees paid will be refunded. This full refund also extends to families that sign their children up for summer camp and it is not canceled but at that time of camp do not feel comfortable sending them.

Request A Refund