Do you need your BSA Swim test? Join us at Camp Resolute or Camp Squanto. We have three dates available. Space is limited.
September 5th – 12:00 pm – 2:30 pm
September 8th – 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm
September 9th – 5:30 – 7:00 pm
- Each registrant will be given a time slot in 15 min increments and must adhere to COVID restrictions.
- Please arrive on time and in your bathing suit, there are no changing areas.
- Be prepared to do you your swim test and immediately exit the water, there is no free swim time.
- Please wear a mask at all times when not in the water and maintain social distancing.
- Upon arrival there will be a pre-screening of COVID related questions.
The various components of each test evaluate the several skills essential to the minimum level of swimming ability. Each step of the test is important and must be followed as listed below:
Jump feet first into water over the individual’s head in depth, level off, and begin swimming. Swim 75 yards in a strong manner using one or more of the following strokes: sidestroke, breaststroke, trudgen, or crawl; then swim 25 yards using an easy resting backstroke (elementary backstroke). The 100 yards must be swum continuously and include at least one sharp turn. After completing the swim, rest by floating.
Jump feet first into water over the individual’s head in depth, level off, swim 25 feet on the surface, stop, turn sharply, resume swimming as before, and return to the starting place.
This is reserved for anyone that attempts one of the swim tests above and does not complete it to a satisfactory degree, subject to the test’s administrator (Lifeguard or Scout Leader). Anyone who does not attend swim tests is automatically assigned a “Non-Swimmer” classification. Please do not sign up for these swim tests if you are planning to attempt a non-swimmer test, you will be sent home.
Guide to Safe Scouting; what do Swimmers vs Beginners vs Non-Swimmers do?
Guide to Safe Scouting online version
Age appropriate Guidelines for Scouting activities