On August 30, 2017 the general membership of Council 251, BSA voted to change the organization’s name to Mayflower Council.
To celebrate our new name, the Mayflower Council Executive Board is launching a competition, open to all scouts and scouters, to choose a new Council Shoulder Patch (CSP) design. Submissions for the new design will be accepted, using the form below, from September 9, 2017 – October 15, 2017. A committee comprised of youth and adults, appointed by the Vice President of Marketing, will review all of the submissions and make a recommendation to the Council Executive Committee for the new design. There will be a $100 prize for the designer for the winning patch!
CSP Design Requirements
In order for our new patch to meet national standards, all patches must meet the following requirements:
- The patch must contain a Boy Scouts of America corporate identifier, specifically the letters “BSA” (without any periods), the words “Boy Scouts of America” or a solid BSA fleur-de-lis.
- The BSA Universal Emblem or any BSA logo shown on the patch must not be covered or partially covered by any text or other design.
- The name “Mayflower Council” must appear prominently on the patch and the council name may not be abbreviated or altered in any way.
- The patch may contain the state name of “Massachusetts” but cannot contain the names of individuals cities, town or areas.
- Patch may not contain and third-party trademarks, including movie and comic book characters.
- Patch must have a solid colored border on its outside edge.
- Patch must be designed using this template: CSP Template.
CSP Design Advice
Include with your design a brief explanation why you think it would be a great design for the council, so the review committee knows where you got your inspiration. In addition to the Council Shoulder Patch consider how your design, or elements of your design, could be applied in other ways for the Council. Elements of the new patch may end up being used on other brand identity items including signs, mugs, and related scouting items.
For design inspiration, try visiting ScoutStuff.org to browse the Council Shoulder Patches currently in use by other councils.
CSP Design Submissions
This contest is now over. A winner will be announced shortly.