Join us as we host the first ever Virtual Council Friends of Scouting Kickoff
Please register below to receive the link to join this virtual kickoff.
Friends of Scouting is the annual giving campaign of the Mayflower Council, BSA that helps provide the necessary funds to ensure a quality Scouting program for the 8,500 youth members annually served by the Council. Friends of Scouting is the council’s largest source of income (23 percent).
Thanks to donors like you, Scouts across our 62 cities and towns are experiencing life-changing adventures that will prepare them for tomorrow’s challenges. Through your generous support you are creating leadership for the next generation. Your gift helps us ensure…
- Volunteer and staff training
- Insurance coverage to protect volunteers, chartered organizations, staff members and properties
- Support staff for registration, publications and other program support
- Camp promotion for Cub Scout day camp, Scouts BSA summer camps, high-adventure bases and more
- Camp rangers to keep the Camps Squanto, Resolute and Nobscot up-to-date and ready for Scouts and families
- Camp equipment, like tents, camp vehicles, building repairs, program equipment replacement and repair, and general upkeep of camps
- Recognitions for leaders who complete training, volunteer for special projects and help in many Scouting roles
- Professional staff to work with volunteers to organize new units, manage fundraising programs, conduct training, assist membership recruitment, provide counsel and direct support for district, camps and programs
- Service center and administrative needs to provide additional support to volunteers
- A council website to keep you informed
- Camp scholarships, uniforms and registration fees for disadvantaged young people