Monday, March 18, Commonwealth of Massachusetts Governor Charlie Baker announced an Appendix to COVID-19 Order #63 amending gathering limits. Therefore, effective immediately, the Mayflower Council will be updating our Scouting group size limits to the following:
- Gatherings at Private Residences:
- Indoor gatherings at private residences and in other places not falling within the definition of an event venue or public setting are limited to a maximum of 10 people.
- Outdoor gatherings at private residences and in other places not falling within the definition of an event venue or public setting are limited to a maximum of 25 people.
- Gatherings at Event Venues and in Public Settings:
- Indoor gatherings at event venues or in public settings are limited to a maximum of 100 people.
- Outdoor gatherings at event venues or in public settings are limited to a maximum of 150 persons in a single venue or space.
In addition to the capacity restrictions specified above, all participants in indoor and outdoor gatherings, including gatherings at private residences, must maintain at least 6 feet of physical distance from every other participant in the gathering, except where participants are members of the same household.
On Friday, March 26, we are updating our council camping restrictions to remove the 12 person maximum per campsite and increasing the maximum number of campers allowed in our camps. Cabins will remain closed at this time.
All previously announced COVID-19 restrictions continue to be in effect. For the most up to date council guidance refer to www.mayflowerbsa.org/covid-19.