Merit Badge University Postponed
In light of the emergent developments concerning COVID-19, we will not be able to hold the second weekend of this year’s Merit Badge University (MBU) on March 21st at the Southeastern Regional Vocational Technical High School.
The safety of our Scouts, Scouters, counselors, and staff is of paramount importance to us. We are also mindful that it is essential that we all do our part to minimize the risk of community spread. While the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Massachusetts Department of Public Health (MDPH) advise that the risk of infection in Massachusetts remains low, out of an abundance of caution and in service to the public health we have concluded that it is best not to proceed with the second weekend of the MBU event at this time.
As might be expected with such a fluid set of circumstances, we cannot give you a definitive date when or if the MBU will be rescheduled. Our primary consideration when determining whether/when to proceed will be informed by the guidance of the CDC and MDPH regarding the resumption of large community events. We will be in touch when the picture is clearer and we can provide more definite information.
We encourage you to take standard precautions outlined by the CDC, including hand washing, covering coughs and sneezes, and staying home if you are ill. Please visit this page for additional information: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
If you have questions or would like further information, please email us.