Scout Entrepreneur Challenge
The first 200 Scouts to hit the goal of $2,500 in online direct sales from July 1 – August 15 will receive an additional $200 Amazon.com Gift Card, and a digital certificate celebrating their accomplishment. To help Scouts explore new ways of selling online Direct and think outside the box, Scouts selling in July and August will receive exclusive access exclusive access to training and webinars from experts in business, marketing, and e-commerce.
How to Sell $1,000 Social Distancing
Sell for 8 hours, fund your entire year of Scouting!
STEP 1: Create a Trail’s End account for your Scout.
- Text APP to 62771 to download the Trail’s End App.
STEP 2: Make a list of 30+ people you know to ask for support.
- With your Scout, go through the contact lists of your phone(s) and your social media friends lists (ie. Facebook).
STEP 3: Draft your Scout’s sales pitch.
- Example: Hi **customer’s name**, I am raising money to help pay for summer camp. Please follow the link to my fundraising page and make a purchase that will help me earn my own way in Scouting. Can I count on your support?
STEP 4: Build your Scout’s personalized fundraising page.
- Once signed into the app, go to Online Direct and then Manage Page.
- Upload a picture of your Scout smiling, preferably in their Class A uniform.
- Paste your sales pitch into the About Me section.
- Select your Favorite Product.
STEP 5: Ask for support.
- Share your Scout’s fundraising page from the App through Social Media (Facebook, Twitter), Text Message, Email, and more.
- For BEST results, Scouts should make phone or video calls (FaceTime, Zoom). Scouts can take payment over the phone or use the Online
- Direct cart sharing feature so you customer can complete the purchase.
- Tip: Just like in face-to-face selling, customers say yes more often with a personal ask (call, text, email, DM) than an indirect ask (general Facebook post).
STEP 6: Ask for support in the neighborhood.
- Ask neighbors for support in local Facebook Groups, Apps (Next Door).
- Visit 30 homes in your neighborhood
- Use the cart sharing feature to remain socially distanced.