CIT Program is a training program to introduce Scouts to the responsibility of being a member of the summer camp staff. The training consists of a rotational assignment thought camp. It offers each Scout a chance to experience the daily responsibilities of each program area at camp.
CIT’s will rotate through most of the program areas including: aquatics, activities, handicraft, sports, ranges, provisional, and first year camper. While in each area CIT’s assist in all program functions of that area, which includes assisting in merit badge classes and with afternoon activities. This experience will help each Scout gain not only teaching and leadership experience, but also self-confidence.
In addition to other duties in camp, all CIT’s will be required to participate in their own personal development and growth including merit badges throughout camp. Weekly evaluation will take place as well as weekly reviews with the CIT Director.
CIT’s who have already completed National Youth Leadership Training (NYLT) should plan 2 weeks of program rotation. CIT’s that have not completed NYLT shoud plan 1 week of NYLT plus 2 weeks of program rotation. CIT weeks can be completed at Camp Resolute and/or Camp Squanto.
- Be a registered member of the Scouts BSA or Venturing
- You must be 14 years old as of June 23, 2020 (for Squanto) or June 30, 2020 (for Resolute)
- You must fill out an application and be interviewed. Interviews will begin during February school vacation
- If working papers are requested, please call Rick Poirier at the Council Service Center (508) 217-4618
- You must attend part of staff training week which is typically the week prior to camp start
- CIT costs $550 ($525 if registration is paid in full by May 30, 2020). This fee includes staff training, NYLT (if needed), and 2 additional weeks of program rotation. A week with your Troop does not count as a CIT week.
- You are required to plan your advancement and merit badge work with the CIT Director each week. CIT’s may work on ONE merit badge per week if they so choose.
- All CIT’s are required to have the official BSA uniform and will be provided two CIT tee shirts to wear while in camp. Your personal conduct at camp must uphold the ideals of the Scout Oath and Law.