Attention youth leaders: Are you interested in becoming your troop’s Leave No Trace Trainer? Adults, are you interested in becoming qualified to deliver LNT training?
If so, join us for our LNT “Train the Trainer” course at Camp Squanto, September 9-10!
- Open to youth and adult leaders
- Youth must be at least age 14 and First Class
- Limit: 12 people (no more than three from a single unit)
- Because of the limited course size, this course is initially restricted to Old Colony Council scouts and scouters. Participants from other councils will be accepted as space allows.
- Participants should have backpacking experience and be able to provide their own gear and food
- Cost: $5
- You must be at least 14 years of age.
- You must have prior overnight backpacking experience.
- You must be prepared mentally and physically, and be properly equipped to complete an overnight backpacking hike of about 2 miles.
- You must provide all equipment necessary for an overnight backpacking hike, including:
- Appropriate backpack.
- Backpacking tent or appropriate shelter.
- Sleeping bag rated for weather conditions during the course.
- Sleeping pad.
- Backpacking stove with adequate fuel.
- Appropriate cookware & utensils.
- Sufficient water containers for drinking, cooking and cleaning.
- Adequate footwear (NOT sneakers.)
- Layered clothing appropriate for weather conditions during the course, including raingear.
- Headlamp/flashlight with spare & extra batteries.
- Food for lunch, dinner, breakfast & snacks.
- All meals will be cooked on the trail.
- Dehydrated backpacking meals are recommended. They are light, compact & easy to prepare. Other foods may be brought, depending on skill & experience level.
If you cannot meet all of the above requirements, please do not register for this course.