THANK YOU FOR A GREAT 2017 CAMPING SEASON AT CAMP RESOLUTE AND CAMP SQUANTO!
Our summer camp programs will be getting a new website this fall/winter. Please check back in March 2018 to see our new look!
Summer Camp Staff Opportunities
Are you ready for the experience of a lifetime? What do you think about the opportunity to help others and make a change in another’s life, not to mention your own life? More than 4,000 children from MetroWest and South Shore will come through our gates, and you could be that one person who will have a positive impact on them.
What do we expect from our summer program staff members? Typically, Camp Resolute and Camp Squanto summer program staff have work and/or volunteer experience in Scouting, teaching, and/or youth programming (previous experience in Boy Scouting is not required). Regardless of your previous work and/or volunteer experience, successful employment at Camp Resolute and Camp Squanto requires certain personal attributes, including:
- Friendliness/Open Mindedness
- Interest in teaching and learning
- Positive Attitude
- Willingness to have FUN!
We believe that Camp Resolute & Camp Squanto programs and services give us the opportunity to positively impact our community. For that reason, we consider a positive attitude and the ability to be friendly and caring toward youth and adults to be as important as previous education, training, or certification.
Click here to complete the online application to become a part of our camp family. Opportunities for employment are better for those who apply early.
Prior to applying for employment please review our Summer Camp Staff Hiring Procedures.
Summer camp staff member Reference Form
Leading Scout Opportunities at Camp Squanto
The Leading Scout program is a staff-training program to introduce scouts to the responsibility of being a member of the summer camp staff. The training consists of a rotational assignment throughout camp offering each scout a chance to experience the daily responsibilities of each
program area in camp.
Leading Scouts will rotate through most of the program areas including: aquatics, activities, handicraft, sports, kitchen, ranges, trading post, provo, and flight to eagle. While in each area Leading Scouts assist in all program functions of that area, which includes assisting in merit badges classes and with afternoon activities. This experience will help each leading scout gain not only teaching and leadership experience, but also self-confidence.
In addition to other duties in camp, all leading scouts will be required to participate in their own personal development and growth including merit badges throughout camp. Weekly evaluations will take place as well as weekly reviews with the Leading Scout Director.
LEADING SCOUT REQUIREMENTS
- Be a registered member of the Boy Scouts of America.
- You must be 14 or 15 years old as of June 25, 2017.
- You must fill out an application and be interviewed. Interviews begin during February school vacation.
- You must have working papers issued by your city or town’s school department.
- You must attend Staff Training Week, NYLT, and 2 additional weeks as a Leading Scout. A week with your troop does not count as a Leading Scout week.
- It costs $400 to take part in the program. This fee includes staff training week, junior leader training, and a minimum of two additional weeks.
- You are required to advance each week and take at least two merit badges.
- All Leading Scouts wear the official BSA uniform while in camp. Your personal conduct at camp must uphold the ideals of the Boy Scout Oath and Law.
Click here to apply to be a Leading Scout at Camp Squanto this summer.