If your Unit was not able to attend our April 4th Roundtable, not to worry. We are making all the event flyers, training newsletters and other information available!
Our April Roundtable featured:
Metacomet District Executive, Nick Keyes, lead a discussion about recruitment tactics for your Units. We brainstormed about methods that other Troops and Packs have used to recruit, having an online presence for your Unit, updating your BeAScout Pin through my.scouting, and much more. Here is a link to the long list of ideas that we all contributed to.
What can your Unit do to recruit?
- Plan fun events and have your Scouts invite friends, use buddy cards as invitations
- Make a detailed plan for your Fall recruitment campaign and talk with your District Leadership about the resources that Mayflower Council can provide to your Unit
- UPDATE YOUR UNIT’S BEASCOUT PIN
- Send a Unit representative to Roundtable for event and recruitment materials
- Reach out to local businesses to partner with, i.e. libraries, schools, newspapers, clubs, your chartering organization, restaurants, etc.
- Wave your Unit’s Flag! Show up to Town Events in Uniform, show your Town that you are there and you are active! Put our Pack/Troop/Patrol Flags when you are at events or doing community service
Questions, comments, or ideas for the District’s leadership?
Send an Email to: Headwaters@mayflowerbsa.org
Our next District Roundtable will be:
May 2nd at 7:00 pm
Milford High School Cafeteria
31 West Fountain Street
Milford, MA 01757
Make sure to send a representative so that your Unit is kept informed and in the loop. Come talk with your District leadership, commissioners, committee teams and other Leaders!
See you there!