On Monday, May 17, the Baker-Polito Administration announced that all remaining COVID-19 restrictions in the Commonwealth will be lifted effective May 29. The Mayflower Council is revising our COVID-19 guidelines based on this announcement.
Highlights of the changes are as follows:
- In line with updated CDC and Commonwealth face covering guidance, the Mayflower Council will rescind the current face covering requirement for outdoor Scouting meetings, events & activities effective May 29. Face coverings will remain required indoors for all Scouting meetings, events & activities.
- The gathering limits will be rescinded.
- Lean-tos and activity pavilions at Nobscot Scout Reservation will be available for rental effective May 29. Booking for lean-tos and pavilions will open May 24.
- Cabins at Camp Resolute, Camp Squanto and Nobscot Scout Reservation will be available for rental effective September 6. Booking for cabins will open June 1.
- Changes to summer camp operations will be announced on Monday, May 24 at our Summer Camp Update. Sign-up to attend.
- Before resuming any meetings or activities or removing face coverings, check with your charter organization to ensure they approve.
Finally, as Scouts, it is important that we demonstrate the principles of the Scout Law now more than ever before. As restrictions begin to lift, individuals within your Scout unit may have varying levels of comfort or anxiety. It is our responsibility to be kind while being helpful and friendly and demonstrate empathy and respect to everyone, even if they have beliefs different from ours. As we move forward let’s be cheerful and brave while showing obedience to the rules, regulations and guidance of the Commonwealth, Council, chartered organizations and cities/towns.