How to Sell $1,000 While Social Distancing
Sell for 8 hours, fund your entire year of Scouting!
STEP 1: Create a Trail’s End account for your Scout.
- Text APP to 62771 to download the Trail’s End App.
STEP 2: Make a list of 30+ people you know to ask for support.
- With your Scout, go through the contact lists of your phone(s) and your social media friends lists (ie. Facebook, twitter, etc.).
STEP 3: Draft your Scout’s sales pitch.
- Example: Hi **customer’s name**, I am raising money to help pay for summer camp. Please follow the link to my fundraising page and make a purchase that will help me earn my own way in Scouting. Can I count on your support?
STEP 4: Build your Scout’s personalized fundraising page.
- Once signed into the app, go to Online Direct and then Manage Page.
- Upload a picture of your Scout smiling, preferably in their class A uniform.
- Paste your sales pitch into the About Me section.
- Select your Favorite Product.
STEP 5: Ask for support.
- Share your Scout’s fundraising page from the App through Social Media (Facebook, Twitter), text message, email, and more.
- For BEST results, Scouts should make phone or video calls (FaceTime, Zoom). Scouts can take payment over the phone or use the Online Direct cart sharing feature so your customer can complete the purchase.
- Tip: Just like in face-to-face selling, customers say yes more often with a personal ask (call, text, email, DM) than an indirect ask (general Facebook post).
STEP 6: Ask for support in the neighborhood.
- Ask neighbors for support in local Facebook Groups, Apps (Next Door).
- Visit 30 homes in your neighborhood
- Use the cart sharing feature to remain socially distanced.