Dear Scouting Families,
Recent concern regarding the COVID-19 (coronavirus) has generated much public attention and has caused significant change in travel, personal interactions and in guidelines prescribed by health officials for how to address the growing concern.
As an organization, we have discussed the best approach based on what we know today. At this point in time, we are proceeding forward with all scheduled meetings and events while following the guidelines and advise of medical professionals to help minimize risk to our general membership. Conducting our program elements is key to the success of Scouting but we are also aware of the concern from the general public. If at any point direction changes from state or local leaders, we will revisit and share updates with the council membership.
Recommended steps to remain healthy during this cold and flu season based on recommendations from the World Health Organization and United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. These precautions include:
- Regularly and thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water or clean them with an alcohol-based hand rub.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick (this may include avoiding shaking hands or other customary greetings).
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Maintain at least three feet (one meter) distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
Please visit this page for additional information: www.cdc.gov/ coronavirus/2019-ncov/index. html
If any individuals are uncomfortable attending a meeting or event, we don’t want anyone to feel pressure to attend. Each person can make the decision that they feel is in their best interest.
We hope that these preventative measures help to limit the risk and keep our youth and volunteers safe and healthy.
Yours in Scouting,
Scout Executive / CEO